success, my drive to deliver something remarkable with the team. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
corse178
corse178 Aug 9
SOUTH BEND, Ind. Authentic NFL Gear Store . -- About the only thing Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly can say for certain about the quarterback position on the eve of practice is he doesnt expect DeShone Kizer and Malik Zaire to play at the same time.He wasnt willing to rule out much more than that Friday as he fielded repeated questions about different scenarios on the eve of practice beginning Saturday in Culver, 30 miles south of campus.I have not taken anything off the table, honestly, Kelly said. If you go down the roster ... and look at the playmakers on offense, two of them are on the quarterback side. So I have to look at all of those, and factor every one of those in.Its not the answer Kizer or Zaire want to hear, but both realize it is the reality they are facing. Each is focused only on being the starter.This is what I came here to do, to compete and try to be the Notre Dame quarterback, Kizer said. Im pretty happy with where I stand. Now its time to go out there and prove it.Kizer, a 6-foot-4, 230-pound right-hander, led the Irish to nine victories, completing 211 of 335 passes for 2,884 yards with 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.Zaire, a 6-foot, 225-pound left-hander, won the starting job last year and completed 19 of 22 passes for 313 yards and three touchdowns in a season-opening 38-3 win over Texas, with his 86.4 percent completion rate ranking second in school history for a single game. But he broke his right ankle a week later against Virginia and watched as Kizer led the Irish to a 10-3 finish and a No. 11 ranking.Zaire said hes not focusing on being the best quarterback at Notre Dame; hes working to be the best quarterback in college football.Thats what Im focused on and I know thats going to translate into wins for the team, he said.Kelly, entering his seventh season as coach of the Irish, said he doesnt have a timetable for picking a starter before the Sept. 4 opener at Texas. He said depth at quarterback is what leads him to believe the Irish can vie for a playoff spot this season despite losing experience at receiver and along the offensive line.I think in college football any time you have a quarterback -- quarterbacks, were full with quarterbacks -- that gives you a fighting chance right out of the gate, he said.Kelly isnt worried that letting the competition continue could hurt the offense, saying the pair arent that different and he knows what he wants the offense to look like.They have some strengths and weaknesses within the offense that well tweak just a little bit, but theres no overhaul of the offense if one is in vs. the other. Theres just some play selections that would be different, he said. So we can still lay down our entire installation seamlessly.Game notes Kelly said he expects sophomore quarterback Brandon Wimbush to sit out this season and compete for a starting spot next season. ... Kelly also announced that defensive lineman Grant Blankenship, who was suspended from the team in April for violating unspecified team rules is no longer with the team and seeking a transfer. Cheap Cleveland Browns Jerseys .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Cheap Denver Broncos Jerseys . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. http:///...hicago-bears-jerseys . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France -- Despite his puzzling failure ever to score at a European Championship, otherwise prolific Germany forward Thomas Mueller sees no reason for change ahead of Thursdays semifinal with France in Marseille.The 26-year-old Mueller, who contributed nine goals in nine qualifying games for Euro 2016, has missed a host of chances in five games so far, extending his scoreless record from Euro 2012. He even missed a penalty in the 6-5 shootout win over Italy in the quarterfinal on Saturday.Mueller was relaxed at the teams tournament base at Evian-les-Bains on Tuesday, when he played down the importance of goals in his repertoire.Goals are not my gasoline, but the paint on my car perhaps, the special paint that makes it look good, Mueller said. My gasoline is my drive for success, my drive to deliver something remarkable with the team. Weve come here as world champions, and though the Spanish managed it a couple of years ago, to win an international title one after the other is not an everyday achievement. So my drive for that is huge.Germany is bidding to emulate France and Spain in following a World Cup win with the European title. The French won Euro 2000 after winning the 1998 World Cup on home soil, while Spains Euro 2012 victory earned it three major tournaments in a row.Muellers lack of success in front of goal is not for want of trying. Aside from his shots on target, he twice struck the goal frame in the 1-0 win over Northern Ireland.Its obvious I would have liked to have scored before now. But like Ive said before, its not a rope around my neck. Maybe when I think of the firrst goal chance against Northern Ireland, I could have done better, but when I think of the header (off the post) or when I hit the crossbar, I wouldnt do much differently. Cheap Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys. Its down to millimeters, Mueller said.With a bit of luck it goes in. The situations werent there. When they were there, I didnt do anything extraordinary to get a goal, but it doesnt bother me. I was top-scorer in 2010 (at the World Cup) in South Africa, but we went out in the semifinal and flew home. I was suspended. When I think of experiences, Brazil was nicer and for us as a team more valuable, for the federation and for the land, Germany.Mueller arrived in France following his best season yet for Bayern Munich. He scored 32 goals and set up 12 more across all competitions as Bayern ended with the Bundesliga and German Cup double.Germany coach Joachim Loew isnt worried about the No. 13.Of course I would have liked him to put away one of those big chances, and the penalty would have done him good, but I know Thomas for a long time and he doesnt let such things get to him, Loew said on Monday.Muellers five goals at the 2014 World Cup helped Germany to its fourth world title. A goal against France in Marseille on Thursday could help the country toward its fourth European title.A goal would give me peace because then I wouldnt have to answer questions about it, Mueller said of his barren run. But Im not here for praise. Of course, I like praise. But Ive a good feeling about my performances. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseysCheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '
Share: